10 Tips for Halloween Safety & Fun
1. Take an adult along when you go trick-or-treating or to any Halloween parties.
2. If you trick-or-treat from door to door, visit only the homes of friends and neighbors you know.
3. Do not talk to or take candy from any strangers.
4. If you trick-or-treat at night, wear some white or reflective clothing, or carry a reflective treat bag — take a flashlight.
5. If your costume includes a mask, make sure you can see well.
6. Walk on the sidewalk if possible.
7. Watch carefully and hold an adult’s hand as you cross the street.
8. Be careful around lighted jack-o’-lanterns.
9. Use good manners when trick-or-treating. Remember to say “thank you.”
10. Let an adult check all your treats before you eat them.